We are pleased to announce that for 2016 we will be offering dog friendly walking holidays on our self-guided walks. We have been working hard, putting together dog friendly accommodations which will enable you to share the Shepherds Walks Holiday experience with your four legged friend.
There will be an additional cost for your dog, this is to cover the cost of the accommodation and transport of bedding, bowls and food. The cost will depend on the walk.
Please book early to avoid dissapointment as dog friendly accommodations are limited.
Clare Balding is walked with dogs (and their owners) in this series of Ramblings back in 2012. One of the walks she did for this programme was walking up the Northumberland Coast from Alnmouth up to Craster. It gives you a great insight into walking up the Northumberland Coast with dogs. You can listen to the programme here.
As we are dog owners here at Shepherds Walks Holidays we will make sure our holidays are truly dog friendly.
Taking your dog on holiday
If you have take your dog on this holiday with you, there are a few things that you need to know:
- You will need to provide food and bedding for the duration of your trip.
- If you will require a separate bag to transfer your dog’s belongings there will be an additional charge of for the trip.
- Any damage caused by your dog will be your responsibility.
- There may be stiles along the route, so please be prepared to lift your dog.
- Dogs can be great walking companions, however they do have a tendency to get dirty! So please be mindful of your accommodation provider and bring a towel to clean them with at the end of your days walk.